A lot of sites are using hidden fb like buttons underneath different contents.
Here's a chrome and FF extension that will take care of completely removing the offending LIKE button.
The detection code is very basic still, but we'll update as soon as we find other scamming sites and the methods they use.
- Detects hidden fb:like tags and removes them from page
- Makes sure iframes from facebook.com are visible (z-index and opacity)
- Firefox and Chrome Extension
- Thats it for now
- Pushes all iframes from facebook to highest z-index possible
- Remove the opacity style from all facebook iframes
- Added the url of the site in the alertbox
- fixed a bug where sometimes it would report addthis fblike as scams.
- Added a firefox extension
- Will now remove the offending tag rather than just show it
Icon by my friend S-CAPE